Revealed: Where Mo Salah went after the being stretched out ground

Liverpool has their fingers closed after their star attacker, Mohamed Salah was stretched out of the field after a collision during their clay with former manager’s side, Newcastle.

It was one of the side’s critical matches as the League enters the homestretch and every match counting dearly.

The New Castle boss had prewarned his former employer that his side was not going to go soft on Liverpool as they work on clinching the trophy after a long dry trophyless spree.

After he was taken off by the medics, Mo Salah is believed to have watched the drama of Liverpool’s nervy late victory over Newcastle from the St James’ Park dressing rooms.

Winger Salah was forced off on a stretcher in the 73rd minute of the Reds’ 3-2 win over the Magpies on Saturday.

The Egyptian was caught in the head by Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka who flew off his line to punch away a deep cross into the penalty box.

Dubravka’s thigh appeared to smash into Salah, who was left lying prostrate after a heavy landing.

Medics ran onto the pitch quickly, with head injuries in the national spotlight after Jan Vertonghen’s incident for Tottenham in their Champions League defeat to Ajax.

After around five minutes of treatment, Salah was substituted and replaced by Divock Origi.

According to Sky Sports, Salah didn’t need to be taken to hospital following the collision and watched the finale on TV screens in the depths of the ground.

They added that Salah’s injury will be assessed, although his appearance in the Reds’ crunch Champions League semi-final against Barcelona next week will be in serious doubt.

The result leaves Liverpool with a two-point advantage over Manchester City but Pep Guardiola’s team have two games remaining, including Monday’s home match with Leicester City, while Liverpool has just won their final game at home to Wolves.

But until Origi’s late goal, Liverpool was staring at a draw against former manager Rafa Benitez’s 14th place side in a title battle which allows no forgiveness.

Instead, an eighth Premier League win in a row keeps Jurgen Klopp’s side right in the race and puts the pressure back on City.

Virgil Van Dijk headed Liverpool in front in the 13th minute, losing his marker and meeting Trent Alexander-Arnold’s corner with a thundering header.

Seven minutes later though Newcastle drew level with Salomon Rondon’s shot cleared off the line by the hand of Alexander-Arnold but before the referee had time to award a penalty Christian Atsu fired home the loose ball.

Daniel Sturridge, starting in place of the injured Roberto Firmino, back-heeled the ball from the corner to Alexander-Arnold and the full-back’s cross was expertly turned in by Mohamed Salah.

Newcastle were in no mood to roll over though and nine minutes after the break they drew level when Liverpool failed to clear a corner and Rondon’s brilliant fierce left foot drive beat the helpless Alisson to make it 2-2.

Origi then made sure of the points in the 86th minute.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *