Deputy President Dr William Ruto will on Saturday 21, 2019 officiate the laying of the foundation stone of William Ruto Leadership Institute hosted by Makere University in Uganda.
According to a statement issued by the University, they were requested by the office of Ugandan President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni to host the William Ruto Institute event.
DP Ruto will be the chief guest at the event that will be held at MDD grounds in Uganda.
POWER TO READ: Deputy President DR William Ruto will this Saturday officiate the laying of foundation stone of the William Ruto leadership institute at Uganda's Primer Makerere University pic.twitter.com/cQ3xNgbU3Q
— Danson (@DansonWorld) December 20, 2019
The institute has been opened to steer-head seven goals.
- Draw on the core strengths of diversity of disciplines and experience to develop and refine methodologies for the study of Africa.
- Develop innovative approaches to teaching and learning about Africa.
- Collaborate with similar institutes in Africa and globally to deepen the understanding of Africa in all its complexity and evolve common perspectives on global issues.
- Strengthen relationships between academic and indigenous intellectuals as the basis for reclaiming indigenous knowledge, and integrate this into common communities.
- Establish an environment for flourishing study and debate on African languages, arts, philosophies, social and political systems.
- Enhance and enrich intellectual and cultural life.
- Contribute to the discussion, analysis and resolution of critical developmental challenges facing African societies through research and extension work.
Makerere University has invited everyone to attend the event that will start at 10:00 am.
The Chairperson of Makerere University Academic Staff Association confirmed to Opera News the authenticity of the letter which has been circulating online.
In 2018, DP Ruto assured that the government would ensure all students clearing their secondary school education proceed to universities and technical colleges.
In December last year, Ruto was conferred with a Doctorate degree in Plant Ecology by the University of Nairobi, in a ceremony attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta.