Radio Electrocutes 8-Year-Old to Death

An 8-Year-Old boy in Makueni County died after being electrocuted.

According to his 10-Year-Old brother, the deceased was switching on a Radio that electrocuted him.


The victim was rushed to Mbooni West Sub-county hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

His body was moved to the same hospital mortuary awaiting post mortem and further Police investigation.

In a similar incident, a 24-Year-Old was electrocuted while cleaning the floor of a tailoring shop in Starehe.

Albanus Musyoka confirmed that his sister Caren Kavili was using a wet cloth to clean the floor around a naked extension cable wire.

Picture of naked wire cable: PHOTO COURTESY

Pangani police officers visited the scene and moved the body to city mortuary awaiting post mortem and investigation.

Elsewhere, a mother and daughter were electrocuted by a chain-link fence in their neighbor’s compound.

The 14-Year old was attempting to rescue her mother, who was electrocuted first when she conducted electric currents too.

Both were rushed to St. Jairus Hospital where they were pronounced dead on arrival.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *