The secret of beautiful skin is not in makeup but rather in what goes in your body and the skin care regimen that you observe. However, there are days that your skin may lose the glow because of environmental factors like weather and exposure to toxins.
With all this established, there are ways you can ensure that you can maintain that glow from January to January. It’s not easy but it’s worth a try, right? everyone wants to be seen glowing every single day even when your mood is down you will want your skin to look otherwise.
The first thing you have to do always have clean skin. Observe your skin care routine every day; cleansing twice a day, scrubbing once a week, masking thrice a week, using sunscreen every day and using a moisturizer for your skin type.
Now that is only the normal skin care regimen, the real stuff is found n what we put in our bodies, from eating the right food to giving your body adequate rest and also finding ways to manage your stress levels.
So let’s talk about food, are you eating the right food? remember that you are what you eat. Your body will always treat you the way you treat it. According to experts, there are foods you should eat to get that angelic glow, pay attention.
- These are literally skin foods due to their antioxidant properties, that they are natural anti-inflammatories and packed with nutrients.
- Studies have shown that they can protect the skin from free radical damage as well as support collagen production.
- Your gut is everything. If you have poor digestion it will show on your face.
- Remember you are what you eat and what you absorb. Your body needs optimal nutrient intake.
- Natural Yoghurt and Kefir are good choices for your body.
- These are the ultimate skin foods. These are anti-inflammatory and great for glowing radiant skin and hydration, nature’s moisturiser.
- Omega 3 essential fats and all other plant based fats like coconut oil, raw seeds and nuts, avocado, cold pressed olive oil are essential for healthy skin and youthful aging.
Vitamin C rich foods and leafy greens
- 80% of what you eat should be vegetables and more than half of that should be green vegetables.
- These help with internal cleansing and detoxification which is important for beautiful skin. Carrots, papaya, sweet potatoes, butternut and pumpkins are all rich in vitamins A & C and can help rejuvenate and give your skin a beautiful radiance.
- The antioxidants in green tea play a big role in enhancing skin health. Green tea has been found to delay aging, protect the skin from UV rays, improve skin tone, and reduce acne.
- Green tea has also been shown to be good for your liver which is your bodies main detox organ.