Ramadhan has come at a rather warmer climatic condition compared to the usually time in June, the colder times of the year. We all know the damaging effects of dry weather to the skin, now we are adding fasting to it. If not careful we could be great candidates for dullness and skin damage.
This is exactly why you should be taking extra care of your skin during this holy month. In order to enjoy radiant skin in this fasting season, this is what you need to do.
1. Make sure to drink not less than 8 cups of water (or more if possible). Other fluids work as well, whether the traditional Ramadhan drinks or even a cup of green tea. They can do magic as well as rejuvenate your skin!
2. If your skin is sensitive to dairy products, avoid drinking lots of milk because it can enhance pimples and acne.
3. Limit your intake of caffeine in terms of soda, coffee and tea as they can easily absorb minerals and fluids from your body, which will leave your skin dry.
4. Ramadhan is known for its sugar-loaded desserts such as Kunafa and Atayef etc… Be careful, and don’t eat large portions as they might cause pimples.
5. Many of us can pretty much neglect the area around their eyes and that’s when dark circles appear. In order to enjoy a flawless complexion, make sure to moisturize the area around your eyes by resting cool tea bags on it three times per week, not to mention sleeping well and applying eye cream.
6. Try to engage more salads, vegetables and grilled meat/chicken into your daily Iftar, instead of fatty, fried and heavy food. Why? Sticking with the healthier version helps you get a clear skin, which isn’t only glowing but also acne free.
7. Make sure to apply sufficient amount of sunscreen if you’re running errands. Also you might need to re-apply if you’re exposed to the sun for a long period.
8. Eat more nuts like almonds and cashews! Since they’re pretty much around every house during Ramadan, it’s a great idea to stock up on them. They’ll rejuvenate your skin as they’re rich in fibres and fatty acids.
9. When you wash your face with slightly hot water or normal soup, make sure to moisturize your skin afterwards by applying facial creams and lotions to make it smoother.