A Nairobi Hospital has refute claims of catering staffer has died following a cholera outbreak at the facility.
The report going round on social media indicated that 8 of the staffs have been affected forcing the hospital to shut down it’s kitchen.
However, the Hospital has confirm an upsurge of cholera cases in Nairobi County but denied out break in the hospital.
“There is no outbreak of Cholera in the Nairobi Hospital , no patient is at risk and we are continuously monitoring” Reads part of the statement.
On March 28, the Nairobi county government noted that 14 cholera patients had been admitted to various city hospitals.
Health Chief Officer Washington Makodingo while appearing before county Health Committee said six patients had been treated and discharged at the Pumwani maternity hospital.
Kenyatta National Hospital within the same period also received three suspected cases of cholera from Murang’a and Machakos.
“We urge the city residents to wash their food and cook it properly. They should treat their water. People must observe basic things like washing hands before eating and after visiting the lavatories to prevent,” Makodingo said.
Nairobi County Health director Lucia Kiyo in March asked referral hospitals to reactivate cholera treatment units.