Texting back and forth with your partner can be fun, exciting and even passionate. But when you want to let your partner know that you miss him or her, you may be looking for something a bit more eye-catching and memorable than merely typing, “I miss you.” Fortunately, there are many different creative and clever ways to let your partner know that you miss him or her so that you don’t miss out on an opportunity to let this person know just how much you care.
1. Text images. If you’re looking for a more exciting and visual way to let your partner know that you miss him or her, using images can literally and figuratively show him or her that he or she’s on your mind. And whether you choose emoticons or an avatar emoji, you can let your partner know that you miss him or her without having to say (or type) a word.
2. Text GIFs. Another fun and creative way to say that you miss your partner is to use GIFs. And whether you find one from your favorite show, movie or even design your own, putting GIFs on your texting to-do list is a guaranteed way to put a smile on your partner’s face.
3. Text TV and movie quotes. When you want to let your partner know that you miss him or her, texting a movie or TV quote can be a unique way to communicate this important message when you’re far away. Along these lines, you can reference certain characters in your text and let your partner know that you miss her like Ross misses Rachel from Friends or that you miss him like Allie misses Noah from The Notebook.
4. Text song lyrics. Another fun and interesting way to let your partner know just how much you miss him or her is to say it with song lyrics. And whether you use lyrics from a well-known artist or your partner’s favorite band, texting these lyrical words will let your partner know exactly how you feel.
With this in mind, you can even text your partner a link to the song’s music video so that your partner can see and hear just how much you miss him or her. In fact, that song will forever remind your partner of you!
5. Text poetic phrases. If you’re really looking to make your partner swoon, a truly romantic option is to quote lines from a poem, sonnet or other work of literature. After all, there are numerous writers, including William Shakespeare, John Keats and Allen Ginsberg, whose meaningful, memorable and heartfelt words truly stand the test of time. So if you want to text your partner that you miss him or her, quoting from the classics is a classy way to do so. And don’t forget—you can also write your own!
6. Text throwback photos. When you’d like to text your partner that you miss him or her, another unique option is to send a photo from a fun time that you had with one another. And whether you add a heart emoji or merely the words, “thinking of you” or “wish I was with you,” your partner will know just how much his or her presence means to you.
7. Text an audio message. When you want to tell your partner that you miss him or her via text, you can actually do so with your voice.
In fact, you can send him or her an audio message that lets your partner know that you miss him or her directly from your lips. In fact, hearing your voice will truly add a personal touch when you can’t reach out and physically touch each other.
8. Create your own unique way to say, “I miss you.” If you’re looking to tell your partner that you miss him or her, another fun and exciting option is to create a word or phrase together that lets your partner know your sentiments without having to use the actual words. For example, you and your partner can jointly decide that the phrase, “You have my heart,” or simply the word, “smooch,” means, “I miss you.” And when you create your own inside text language, you and your partner are not only communicating in a new and exciting way, but you’re creating a deeper and more heartfelt connection as a result.