Machakos family mourns three children in horrendous arsonist attack

A family in Machakos faced a rough Tuesday night when fire broke out in their seven-room home.

The fire is reported to have started in the sitting room and quickly spread into other rooms at around 11 pm when the siblings and their mother were asleep.

Machakos County director of emergency services David Mwongela said the fire is likely to be arson.

“Police are investigating the incident but in our own assessment the fire may have been prompted by a highly inflammable material such as petrol or kerosene,” Mwongela said.

Their mother survived but is nursing burn injuries at Machakos level 5 Referral Hospital.

The children’s bodies were moved to Machakos hospital mortuary for preservation and post-mortem examination.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *