“Several women broke their arms and legs!” Willy Paul Narrates the horror at Dusit Hotel

Gospel musician Willy Paul says he survived the terror attack at dusitD2 Hotel on Tuesday afternoon. The “Fanya” singer says he was at building near the hotel for a “meeting”, when the incident happened.

Taking to his Instagram page, the musician said: “While in my meeting, the first thing I heard was a blast from a very powerful explosive, the second thing that followed was gun shots. I can’t believe I’m here typing. I just survived this horrific incident.”

View this post on Instagram

Today, I've seen how much God loves me!! He's given me another chance to live. I hope everyone survived the attack at dusit.. I've never come across such a thing in my life!!! People have been injured and some have lost their lives!! The police should dig deep into this issue because the kind of weapons that we're used afew minutes back are not usual!! Someone somewhere is supplying this people with this weapons.. While in my meeting the fast thing I had was a blast from a very powerful explosive, the second thing that followed were gun shots. I can't believe I'm here typing, I just survived this horrific incident.. Thank you Lord. I will never get tired of thanking you and serving under you !!!

A post shared by W.I.L.L.Y.P.O.Z.Z.E (@willy.paul.msafi) on

He also narrated how he survived the terror attack to a local Daily.

“I was at an office in an adjacent building to dusitD2 Hotel, when I heard a loud ear-piercing explosion. I went to the window to peep outside, and saw a black smoke billowing into the air. Some of the ladies, who were present in the room, were smiling at me, suggesting that my act was cowardly. To them, the explosion was as a result of, maybe a tyre burst. Before we could resettle for the meeting, a second bang, this time louder, rented the air, with several gunshots being heard. We did not know where to run to.

“While wondering what to do, we saw a group of people running toward the emergency exit. We followed them, and found ourselves at the fire assembly point. While there, we still harboured fears, and so we had to continue with our runs. I really sympathized with women, who could not jump over a raised metal bar that separated safety areas from the scene of attack. Several women broke their arms and legs while trying to jump over the bar. It was a chaotic scene. My eyes bleed from what I saw.

“As I am speaking to you, I left my car at the scene of attack. After running to safety, I hopped onto the next motorbike, which sped with me and my cousin to Nairobi’s central business district.”

Dusit Hotel attack happened at 3pm Tuesday.

Inspector General of Police said at 6pm Tuesday that the attackers, said to be six, were still in the facility.

Rescue mission is underway, with hospital sources saying at least one has been confirmed dead, with four wounded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *