He promised upon his arrival back in the capital he shall new house members revealed to the public.Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has done so but with the omission of a new Deputy Governor citing that in the spirit of handshake he is in consultations with NASA coalition over wiper party’s women representative candidate Rahab Wangui.
This Friday Sonko named his cabinet following resignations of a majority of the CECs.
The new team now consists:
1. Lucia Mulwa – CECM Youth Gender Sports Culture and Social services
2. Stella Bosire Otieno – CECM Health Docket
3. Winfred Kathangu– CECM Finance and Economic planning
4. Pauline Kahiga Waititu – CECM Devolution
5. Sangif Kaur Bardi – CECM Education
6. Charles Kerich – CECM Land, Urban planning , Urban renewal and Housing
7. Mohamed Ndagane – CECM Roads and Infrastructure
8. Allan Igambi – CECM Trade, Tourism and Co-operatives
9. Larry Wambua – CECM Agriculture and Water Docket
10 Newton Munene – CECM ICT, Communications and eGovernment
Sonko revealed that he had forwarded the list, containing five new CECs and five others who he reassigned, to the County Assembly for approval and vetting.
He has however warned that he won’t entertain laxity in his administration praising the five he retained for upholding good governance.
“Niko na mawaziri watano wale nimeretain…tumefanya Kazi mzuri…so watu wajiulize kwa nini hawa sina shida na wao…ni mtu mmoja, wawili watatu kwa sababu nilisehema sitakubali uzembe na sitakubali ufisadi, (I have five CECs that I have retained…we have worked well…so people should ask themselves why I haven’t had wrangles with them..it is just one, two or three people because I vowed not to entertain laxity and corruption,)” stated Sonko.