Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, on Monday, named his cabinet following resignations of a majority of the CECs.
Here are the members including five who have been retained from his former cabinet.
1. Lucia Mulwa – CECM Youth Gender Sports Culture and Social services
2. Stella Bosire Otieno – CECM Health Docket
3. Winfred Kathangu– CECM Finance and Economic planning
4. Pauline Kahiga Waititu – CECM Devolution
5. Sangif Kaur Bardi – CECM Education
6. Charles Kerich – CECM Land, Urban planning , Urban renewal and Housing
7. Mohamed Ndagane – CECM Roads and Infrastructure
8. Allan Igambi – CECM Trade, Tourism and Co-operatives
9. Larry Wambua – CECM Agriculture and Water Docket
10 Newton Munene – CECM ICT, Communications and eGovernment
Sonko revealed that he had forwarded the list, containing 5 new CECs and 5 others who he reassigned, to the County Assembly for approval and vetting. Mrs. Mulwa was promoted from her position as the county Chief Officer of education while Dr. Bosire was the Medical Super-Intendent in Kiambu hospital.
Following wide consultations with Nairobi City County residents and leaders together with national leaders, I have today made changes to my cabinet. pic.twitter.com/PuDwatYSgF
— Mike Sonko (@MikeSonko) January 11, 2019
Mrs Kathangu was the Chief Officer of Finance and Economic planning.
This comes days after a noisy exit by former Education CEC Janet Ouko citing challenges including a small number of schools against a huge population.