Here is why you should not be scared if you eat bread with mould

Image result for mould in bread

If you have a healthy immune system, it is likely that nothing bad happens. What can happen if you accidentally eat a portion of mouldy food? Mould is a type of fungus, and the problem arises because some people may be allergic to it.

Although these allergies are not serious, there have been cases (very rare) in which eating mould-infested food has been fatal. In addition to the problem of allergy, another problem of eating mould is the mycotoxins it contains.

Image result for mould in bread

Mycotoxins are substances produced by some mould species. They are toxic to humans and represent a serious risk to health. Normally, if you consume a little (once or twice), most likely nothing happens. But in larger doses, or for longer periods of time, they can become a health problem.

What to do with food when they have mould?

It depends on the type. Mould spreads more easily in soft foods, such as bread, cheese, meat or sauces. So in these cases, it is best to discard them as soon as possible.

In harder foods, such as root tubers, mould does not spread as easily, so mould is likely to appear in more specific areas and can be detected more easily. This allows you to eliminate these affected areas more easily, without having to discard the entire food.

Image result for mould in bread gif

But the best thing is not to risk yourself.

But if, accidentally, you eat any food that has mould, do not be scared. Most likely, nothing happens. Be more careful the next time to avoid it and thus reduce the possibility that you may get sick.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *