Huduma Namba Registration leaves Family House Razed

A family in Kiambuthia, Murang’aCounty is counting losses running into hundreds of thousands after a fire ravaged their entire home as they went to register for Huduma number.

Friday morning, the family of Joseph Gikore Gichia left home to register for the Huduma number in the company of his wife and his eldest son

Image may contain: outdoor

At the registration centre, the family found the registration clerks had moved to another centre and so they followed them to the new station.

Even before they had completed the registration process, they were interrupted by screams as neighbors who saw the fire raised an alarm.

Image result for huduma namba

The screams were soon picked by adjacent villagers who also ran towards the direction of the fire incident scene.

Plans to put out the fire were frustrated by strong winds and insufficient water supply.

Image result for huduma namba

Firefighters from Murang’a County arrived at the scene after the locals had put out the fire.

In the inferno, the family said they had lost property whose value is estimated above Ksh0.7 million.

Image result for huduma namba

Among other things lost in the fire were stocked chicken hutches.

Without a home, the family has now been forced to stay in makeshift structures and is pleading for help from well-wishers.

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *