Ajax ended Real Madrid’s Champions League dream for the fourth straight win and have drawn Juventus in the quarter-finals draw.
With previous stats, it seems their fairytale will be ended by a Juventus machine that is lead by Cristiano Ronaldo who hit a record hat-trick to eliminate Atletico Madrid in the round of 16. This meeting will the first encounter between the Old Lady and the Eredivisie outfit in 22 years.
- Ajax have never beaten Juventus in the Champions League in five attempts (W0 D1 L4) – their last win against them in the European Cup was in 1973 final.
- Juventus are unbeaten in nine European matches against Ajax (W5 D4 L0) since losing 1-2 in a UEFA Cup match in December 1974.
- This will be the first Champions League knockout meeting between Ajax and Juventus since the 1996-97 semi-final, with Juventus winning 6-2 on aggregate.
- Ajax have played more Champions League matches without winning against Juventus (five) than any other side, while Juventus have only faced Rosenborg (six games) more often without losing than their five games against Ajax.
- Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo has scored seven Champions League goals against Ajax – only against Bayern Munich (9) and current side Juventus (10) has he scored more often.
- Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has faced Ajax four times in the Champions League without winning (W0 D3 L1), facing the Amsterdam side more often without winning than any other opponent in the competition.