Two secondary schools out of the eight in Migori County that had their Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education exam results withheld last year have recived their results.
Sigiria Mixed Secondary School in Rongo and Komotobo Mixed Seondary School in Kuria East received their results on Wednesday ending the agony for parents, candidates and teachers, County eduction official Charles Nyaribo said.
Sigiria school had a mean score of 6.33 compared to 2017 when they 4.39.
At Komotobo Mixed Secondary, 45 candidates got C+ grade and above.
“We are happy we have been spared the agony of thinking of how our children would repeat Form Four. Now, I can rest assured my daughter will proceed to another level,” said Mr John Mwita, a parent.
Mr Luca Kangogo, Migori County Director of Education, said eight schools in the county had their results withheld and six are still waiting to hear from Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).
Education CS Amina Mohamed said the government withheld results of a number of exam centres citing suspected irregularities, which are being investigated by the examination council.
“These centres will be notified of the decision as soon as the results are released. In the meantime, Knec will finalise investigations into suspected malpractices and release a report on or before January 31, 2019,” the CS said during the release of the 2018 test.