The Stupid thing that led to Mugo’s arrest

Related image

On Tuesday, quack doctor Mugo wa Wairimu made plans to buy some clothes during a night trip to Nairobi.

This provided a perfect opportunity for Flying Squad officers to pounce on the man who had been on the run for close to a week.

Mugo was arrested outside Utalii House, ending a six–day manhunt. His real name is James Mugo Ndichu.

Mugo will be detained for 10 days at Pangani police station, as investigations continue. The officers yesterday requested to hold him for two weeks, but senior resident magistrate Ben Nzakyon gave them 10 days.

Related image

They said Mugo is being investigated for illegal medical practice and obtaining money by false pretences. The officers said he carried out an operation on November 3 at Millan Health International in Kayole, Nairobi.

Mugo said he was disadvantaged because he had no lawyer. He said was assaulted on Tuesday after he was arrested. Nzakyon directed him to lodge a complaint with the police. The magistrate also directed that he be taken for treatment.

Last week, Victor Kamunya, 22, and Risper Ogony, 19, alleged to be his employees, were charged with several offences, including operating a clinic illegally in Kayole.

Mugo went into hiding on November 7 after officials from the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board raided the Kayole clinic, where he was alleged to have been procuring abortions. The clinic had no licences. NTV had aired an expose on the clinic.

Related image

Three years ago, Mugo was arrested and charged with raping a patient while operating another illegal clinic in Githurai 44 estate.

Soon after he disappeared, senior DCI commanders piled pressure on Flying Squad chiefs Musa Yego and John Njoroge to have him arrested. Yego turned the heat on his officers. He deployed them in various houses in the city where police suspected Mugo had been hiding.

They also laid an ambush five times at Mugo’s rural home in Mutu-ini, Dagoretti, but they failed to capture him.

Mugo’s known mobile phone numbers had been switched off as soon as he learnt that detectives were on his trail. He bought a new line, which he used communicate with a man suspected to be his relative

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *